A List of Timeshare Exchange Companies
You can discover information about the two largest timeshare exchange companies, RCI and Interval International, on the History of Timeshare page. But although those two still manage the lion’s share of exchanges, they are not the only ones around. Indeed, some of the independent exchange companies have carved out a significant niche for themselves.
All timeshare owners, regardless of the official exchange company with which their resort is affiliated, have the right to use whatever exchange company they choose for their vacation exchanges. Investigate some of them and you may find you get more value out of using one of them than using your “official” affiliated exchange company.
Below you will find a list of independent exchange companies, in alphabetical order, including some that specialize in European exchanges. Note that there may be some that we have unwittingly omitted; if you know of one, please let us know so we can add it.
- Crown Vacation Exchange. A newer exchange company, Mississippi-based Crown Vacation Exchange does not require membership for exchanging your weeks and there is no exchange fee required until your request has been matched and is ready to be confirmed. Web site: http://www.crownvacationexchange.com/
- DAE (Dial an Exchange International). Founded in 1997, DAE is the largest independently owned exchange company in the world. It has offices in Australia, South Africa, China, India, Thailand, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States. Membership is free. Web site: http://www.daelive.com/
- Hawaii Time Share Exchange (HTSE). Hawaii Timeshare Exchange is a smallish exchange company that specializes in exchanges among resorts located in Hawaii. Membership is not free, but exchange fees are lower than average. Web site: http://www.htse.net/
- Ownertrades. Ownertrades.com is an independent entity that facilitates timeshare resales, rentals, and exchanges among Marriott Vacation Club Owners. All exchange (and other) transactions are accomplished by trading directly between Owners. Owners pay no exchange fees, and no sales or rental commissions to Ownertrades.com. (All rental and resale listings have very small fees.) The Exchange Center allows owners to list the villas / configurations they own, along with a selection of Marriott resorts to which they would consider exchanging. No “banking” of weeks is involved. Owners can choose a free exchange membership (just add your resort and exchange preferences to the website), or a paid membership ($12 as of 2012 to do all the exchanges you can muster in a year). Web site: http://www.ownertrades.com/
- Platinum Interchange. Founded in 1979 by Woody Cary, President of Tricom Management, Inc., Platinum Interchange is considered the third largest Exchange and Rental Company worldwide, consistently confirming vacation exchanges at 1200 plus worldwide resorts. Low Cost Fees, No Membership Fees, No Annual Dues. Web site: http://www.platinuminterchange.com/
- San Francisco Preferred Resorts (SFX). Established in 1992, SFX Preferred Resorts is the only Exchange Company specializing in the industry’s highest rated resorts. It is a vacation exchange service within a network of strategic alliances specializing in preferred quality and rated resorts in high demand locations within Canada, Caribbean, Mexico, United States, Western Europe and other global regions upon request. Web site: http://www.sfx-resorts.com/
- Trading Places International. Founded in 1973, Trading Places became involved with vacation ownership resorts in 1975 when it coordinated travel for developer “fly/buy” programs in Hawaii. Trading Places International’s vacation exchange business was born with the company’s creation of a successful exchange program for a resort in Mexico. Now owned by Interval Leisure Group (parent company of Interval International), Trading Places remains an independent company within ILG’s sphere of influence and is one of the largest of the alternative exchange companies. Web site: http://www.tradingplaces.com/
- United Kingdom Resort Exchange (UKRE). An independent exchange company for exchanging among resorts in the British Isles with access to over 100 UK resorts. As of 2011, new members can join UK Resort Exchange for free for 2 years. Thereafter, a low annual fee is charged for membership. Web site: http://www.ukre.co.uk/
- Worldwide Timeshare Exchange. A UK-based independent exchange company, at Worldwide Timeshare Exchange a week is a week, no matter what the size of unit, no matter what the time of year, no matter what resort you are based at. You may deposit any week and exchange it for any available week on the Worldwide Timeshare Exchange system. There is an annual membership fee and an exchange fee. Web site http://timeshare-exchange.co.uk/
Powered by Max Banner Ads