Hacienda Tres Rios Resort, Spa & Nature Park Receives Best Green Initiative Award for Second Year in a RowFeb 28th, 2012 | By Admin | Category: ALL NEWS HEADLINES, Destination Clubs, Fractional, PRCs, Condo Hotels, Campgrounds, RVs, Mexico & Latin America
Quintana Roo, Mexico (February 24, 2012) — The Riviera Maya, which is considered a nature-friendly destination, recently received an acknowledgement for its efforts to preserve the environment. Hacienda Tres Rios Resort Spa & Nature Park was awarded the Best Green Initiative by Perspective Magazine during the Global Networking Expo 2012 (GNEX 2012).
This was the second edition of the business meeting which convened in the Mexican Caribbean. 160 of the top executives from 91 different vacation club and fractional ownership companies attended.
Hacienda Tres Rios Resort, Spa & Nature Park received the most votes for their contribution to environmental preservation and being a sustainable tourism development. The winner was decided from two criteria, the first being an online poll conducted during the month of January that accounted for 20% of the results. During this phase the resort earned a total of 9,000 votes. The remaining 80% was based on the decision of a panel of four experts in the industry.
Erika Garcia, CEO of Blue Strawberry Resorts, another division of the Sunset World group, also won the Best Individual Professional in the area of Marketing.
During GNEX 2012, both Orlando Arroyo Marroquin and Erika Garcia were featured speakers. Annie Arroyo, Director of Brand and Communication for Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences, spoke about Lifestyle, an innovative product which offers a range of excellent services and vacation experiences that exceed the expectations of members and complement their visit in any of the six hotels in the group: Royal Sunset Beach Resort, Ocean Spa Hotel, Laguna Suites Golf + Spa and Sunset Lagoon Resort & Marina in Cancun and Sunset Fishermen and the Hacienda Tres Rios in the Riviera Maya.
She also described the wide variety of services through which Sunset companies provide their guests with a complete and unique experience: Sunset Club, Premier Cancun Vacations, Blue Strawberry Resorts, Marketing 4 Sunset Group, Ya’ax Ché Spa, Admiral Yacht Club, Sunrise Travel, Hacienda Andalucia Equestrian Club, Marina Club Lagoon and Royal Rent-a-Car.
Annie Arroyo also emphasized the various social programs the group runs to lend support to local society and culture.
The cocktail reception was held at Hacienda Tres Rios at the Martini Terrace and the gala dinner and awards ceremony were held in the ballroom.
SOURCE: Hacienda Tres Rios